Sunday 29 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 29


Today was my party and it was absolutely perfect. I think the pics speak for themselves, but I will give you a bit of a roundup.
Mood: in the zone, happy, excited

Progress: After yesterday's festivities I didn't exactly wake up with the best head, but that could not play a factor in today's mission: tonight was the big party and I had so much to do. So I woke up at 9, went to Target to buy party necessities, walked to Park Slope to pick up the cake (8 hours left of no sugar!), went to the butcher with Megan and Julia to buy 8 pounds of steak, then to Trader Joe's for the rest of the groceries, then to the city to get my hair and makeup done and then to the party!   

Mentally: On a mission earlier in the day but after it was all done I started to get really excited. I was just happy and overwhelmed at the party. I felt like I didn't get a chance to settle into too many conversations with the people I hadn't seen in so long, but there will be a time for that, tonight I needed to run around and be the bday girl. It is certainly its own mental state.

Physically: No rest for the wicked in the early day and then feeling pretty good after getting all dolled up a la Lizzy at her salon in the city. I will admit I felt hot (yay!), and although it was a bit over the top (from the huge hair, cat eye makeup, bright low cut blue ruffled dress) as Mitchell said, I looked like it was my birthday and I was feeling it. Oh and that moment when the cake hit my lips was pretty blissful. 30 days of no sugar was totally worth it. 

Emotionally: So happy to be surrounded by so much love, good food and finely dressed people - just the way I like. 

Thoughts About Turning 30: If there was any way to turn 30, this was it. 18 people all dressed up for a beautiful and delicious sit down dinner, followed by a rocking dance party. It was literally the best birthday party a 30 year old broad could ask for. Thank you so much to all my friends for making it so amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Meg! Looked like a fabulous party! Welcome to the 30's girl. it only gets better from here!