Monday 9 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 9

Today was a day like any other Monday — blah. But I did have a nice dinner with Rachael and Julia, we made a delicious healthy caesar (hint: just use yogurt instead of egg and mayo).

Mood: dull, a bit stressed, stable 

Progress: I will say, although so so lovely and I wouldn't change it for the world, living a block away from my friends certainly makes me a lot less productive. I was planning on working on my other job and doing pilates after work, but instead I just made dinner and drank wine at their house. How do I all of a sudden have so much work and so little time? I was supposed to spend this month bettering myself, right?

Mentally: My family is going on a vacation together at the end of June at Stinson Beach in California. My older brother planned the whole deal and picked out the place. And although I am totally excited, it is so out of my price range (I am still trying to find a permanent job!), but I am definitely at the age (30!) where I should be paying for such things myself. The whole deal puts me off a bit mentally.

Physically: Feeling the need to work out, but seriously cannot find the time. Still lacking a bit of confidence.

Emotionally: The monday dullness may have just dulled any real emotions I have.  

Thoughts About Turning 30: Definitely thought a lot about the fact that I am turning 30 and can't afford to go on my own family vacation. Probably, when you think about it from an outside perspective, a 30-year-old should be stable enough to do such things without borrowing money from her parents. But are most almost 30-year-olds trying to get situated in one of the most expensive cities in the world after a move from Europe? I think not. Sorry Dad. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I guess all those feelings are typically Monday! But, your whole move to NY sounds so cool.. and having your friends down the road sounds great! (I need to work out as well!) xxx