Thursday 19 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 19

Mood: happy turned lonely 

Progress: Bought a dress for my party.   

Mentally: Happy to have the night off and out with my friends. 

Physically: See below. 

Emotionally: Had a nice dinner out with Rachael and Megan, but decided not to continue and go out with them after because I have a lot of work to do over the weekend (yes again) and want to be rested. But when I got back to my house I felt really lonely, I guess a part of me is still used to having my man waiting for me at home. 

Thoughts About Turning 30: So yeah, I bought a dress for the 30th birthday party. After trying on about 30 used dresses, I finally found one worthy of the big day. I think no matter how old I get I will always go to Buffalo Exchange and Beacon's Closet before forking out the dough for a new dress. This one I found at Buffalo in the East Village. 

That being said, this dress is nothing like the dresses I usually buy at those places. It is not a 50s or 80s inspired tulle number or a long flowing thing - it is just really tight. Not that I am always hiding my body, I just usually don't feel comfortable with the second skin thing. But I figure the whole point of this is making changes right? I am feeling pretty confident with myself these days and starting to notice a difference from not eating any sugar. But we will see, I just want to feel good on the big day, and with this dress it could seriously go either way. 

No comments: