Friday 20 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 20

Mood: Friday relief, but onto another weekend of working. 

Progress: Met up with with my old intern, who I have been meaning to see for a long time, at my local watering hole Washington Commons.    

Mentally: Out of it. A few beers, which normally wouldn't have had a terribly bad affect on me, did me in.  

Physically: Oh you know, exhausted. 

Emotionally: So nice catching up with someone I haven't seen in at least two years. But still a little overwhelming having to explain to her everything that went down since the last time we saw each other: going to Berlin, falling in love, moving back, moving to Berlin, breaking up, moving back again, you know the deal.

Thoughts About Turning 30: So yeah, I had drinks with my old intern, but I realize I really have to stop calling her my intern. She hasn't been in a long time, she is my friend and she is 26. When your old intern is 26, you are definitely at least 30, and she should no longer be called your intern!

No comments: