Friday 13 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 13

Mood: lonely, tired, a little sad, but doing okay   

Progress: Managed to get through the end of the work week after going out on both Wednesday (bad) and Thursday (good).  

Mentally: Can't believe that my weekend is going to be completely consumed by my copywriting job. Staying in? Yes. Mentally preparing myself for it? Not really. Getting a good night sleep? Not really. 

Physically: Exhausted. Late night phone calls do not help. 

Emotionally: Thought a lot about the life/person I left behind in Europe today and got a little overwhelmed with emotion. I have been so busy with finding work, working, over-working, friends, going out too much and generally immersing myself back into NYC, that I have kind of pushed any thoughts of that life to the back of my mind. But they came back to the forefront tonight (as I expected they would at some point) and it certainly made my heart hurt. I know I made the right decision moving back to NYC, but sometimes I wish it was a decision that didn't have to be made. And as I have learned many times, absence truly does make the heart grow fonder. Luckily the person who understands that the most, even if he is an ocean away, answers his phone in the middle of the night.

Thoughts About Turning 30: Too tired to think about that.

Photo from This Isnt's Happiness

No comments: