Tuesday 17 May 2011

30 Days to 30: Day 17


Mood: relieved, calm 

Progress: Still riding on the progress of yesterday, so I didn't accomplish much today, except for sleeping in late and brainstorming for the edit test for potential job.  

Mentally: Tried to take a mental break. 

Physically: Worn out. I literally thought I was sick this morning I was so tired. I have to learn to not run myself into the ground.  That will probably never happen. 

Emotionally: I went out to dinner by myself to do a little work and eat another salad tonight. Dining alone is always something that stirs up emotion, especially when you are surrounded by couples. Good thing I had the peoples' conversation next to me to keep me occupied. 

Thoughts About Turning 30: I ended up sitting next to four late 20-somethings who all went to college together having a little catch up because one of them was visiting from Los Angeles. Yes, I was seriously eavesdropping. Their conversation was sadly typical, full of sarcasm and self-deprecation. Here's a little sample:  

Boy: "We are all five years out of college, and we all hate our lives."
Girl: "I don't hate my life. I mean I am happy with my job, everything else is pretty shitty, but whatever."

Is this how I was a couple years ago? Kind of, yeah. Is this how I am now? No. See this is what I like about getting older, the more years that pass, the happier I get with myself and my life. That is a nice little realization.     

No comments: