Monday 6 October 2008

Countdown to Barack: 30 Days

I took a break from reality this weekend with no TV, email, newspapers or anything. It wasn’t necessarily a conscious decision, but it was nice to not see Sarah Palin’s face for a few days. No you know what, this is totally a lie. I watched 20/20 “Portrait of a President” with Diane Sawyer on Friday night over beers and pizza with the other Meg. We are so cool and classy, I almost forgot.

So I learned a few facts about the two dudes, their ladies, and their lives before politics. Pretty interesting stuff, especially with Mr. John McCain and his bikini models, strippers, infidelity, addiction, plane crashes, broken bones. Such intrigue. Actually makes me like the old guy a little more. But no, no, no. The only thing I can say is that he was extremely attractive in his former years, but Barack still would have been my man.

But back to McCain and Cindy’s little drug problem. It is very hard for me to understand how a man would not notice or have any suspicion that his wife is severely addicted to pain killers. I mean Cindy McCain is pretty vacant and all, but there must have been some signs. Perhaps some glossy eyes? A constant state of contentment? Oh Vicodin. I think our President should be a little more aware of his surroundings or a little more a part of his home life. Right?

No comments: