Monday 29 November 2010

Berlin Weekend Roundup: Tschüss Lucy

INSIDE
Silk shirt and elephant necklace (thrifted in USA), orange lipstick (MAC Lady Danger)
AND OUT
Yup it was freezing this weekend, well below freezing that is (and still is). See that is me bundled up on my way to go swimming on Saturday. Yup, swimming — but don't worry, it was inside. Still if you are like me, you have no desire to get into a bathing suit and get all wet when the temps go subzero. But alas, I decided to join my boyfriend on his regular swim at Stadtbad Neukölln, which I have been saying I would do for the last couple months but always make some excuse at the last minute like, hey it is freezing out! Anyway, it was well worth it and warm and lovely once inside. I highly recommend a dip if you are in Berlin, not only is swimming a great workout, the actual pool is quite beautiful surrounded by old columns, fountains and such (although I am currently thinking up excuses not to have to go tonight, eeeek, did I mention it was freezing?).  

The pics above were taken via iPhone (sorry) while getting ready to go out after my frosty trip home. Due to swimming hair (my hair looks terrible right after a wash), I decided to do a little updo. I was quite proud that I was able to get the braid to go all the way around my head. A special hairdo for a special night. Where was I going you ask? Well that is the sad part of the weekend: I was going to a gathering where I would say goodbye to my friend Lucy who has now left Berlin for London. She is definitely one of the most fun girls I know and certainly one of my favorite people in Berlin. I am so sad that we only had a couple months to get to know each other, but happy to have had at least that. And it is okay, I know our paths will cross again whether in London, New York, back in Berlin or somewhere completely new. So all in all, a lovely weekend with a bittersweet and very cold air. 

It all went something like this: Friday evening at home with pizza, sleeping in, cleaning up, yummy lunch with Lucy, talk of Thailand, freezing bike home, turkey scouting, swimming, dog watching, pasta, garlic bread and delish red wine, party at Stereo 33, goodbye Lucy, late night, lazy day, sewing, The Rachel Zoe Project and Boardwalk Empire, Vietnamese foodsleep.

9 comments:

Casey said...

I am in complete love with your necklace! It's absolutely ridiculously fabulous!

http://blondebargainbabe.blogspot.com

gabriela said...

oh my, THE NECKLACE! SO stylish... <3

Marella said...

amazing necklace!

Lucy said...

Stop making me cry!! I miss you so much already. x

Ps, Oh yeah, nice necklace.

Arushi Khosla said...

Gorgeous necklace! Dying over here.

Izzy said...

Love the necklace so so so so much and you look gawj in it! Thanks for the comment! New blog post up ;)
www.swampedinflowers.blogspot.com

k said...

sounds like a good weekend :) love the pics!

Anonymous said...

Your necklace is amazing!

xxx
Vikki

http://stylometre.blogspot.com

Alisa said...

you look great! i love the colour of the shirt and the vintage necklace... what a find!