Wednesday 3 November 2010

Today I am German!

Well a German citizen that is. Don't I look it? And no not because I married my German boyfriend, but a much different story having to do with some German blood and family history that has not been appreciated until recently. So anyway, today I picked up my certificate of naturalization at a very official and actually quite New England-y looking office here in Berlin. I have been waiting for some time for all the paperwork to go through, so this is definitely a relief. It will surely make living and working abroad much easier (i.e. legal), but it certainly feels weird to be a citizen of a country where you have to have someone translate the ins and outs of getting a passport to you.

But I digress to my citizenship obtaining outfit: I have owned both the skirt and top since way back in my San Francisco days prior to New York City when I was young and sprightly (not too many things have stuck with me that long). The sweater has been a constant winter go-to item, but it has been at least a few years since I have broken out that skirt (which used to be a definite favorite). I was inspired by all the below-the-knee length skirts I have been seeing lately, especially this one, to break it out once again. I love the way it made me feel all ladylike — a welcome change as these days I have been mostly living in pants because of all my bike riding. But hey, I ended up riding to work in this outfit this morning and it was all good, so bring on more girliness!



Outfit: Black poof sleeve sweater (vintage Wasteland San Francisco), tea skirt (vintage ???), black lace-up heeled boots (Nine West), bag (Maxx New York)

7 comments:

Fifi von Strudel said...

Oh my God, I can't tell you how envious I am. I spent about 4 hours at the Auslaenderbehoede today and I'm about ready to smack Deutschland in the face. German citizenship would be a dream right about now. Lucky lady!

Lucy said...

Woohoo! Du bist Berliner! I'm so excited for you...let's have Schnitzel und Bier to celebrate. x

ashley // chasing heartbeats said...

wow, congrats on your new citizenship! From experience of being illegal in France and legal in Germany, having papers makes life MUCH easier. and i am totally jealous that you will have 2 passports!

marcel said...

CONGRATS MEGGY! That's so exciting... I think we're all envious of your dual citizenship.

obama said...

YEAH!!!! All four of us!! amazing!!

Alisa said...

i like the skirt and the way you hair colour matches the rest of the outfit.
you do look very happy. It's a big thing. Congrats! ;) x

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

you're stunning. love the skirt!
x hivennn. enter my giveaway? six whole miss patina dresses to giveaway.