Wednesday 5 May 2010

Mellow Yellow

After coming back from a scenic and relaxing week in Scotland (pics on their way), my Internet greeted me with all the photos from the Met's Costume Institute Gala "American Woman" on Monday night. Per usual of red carpet events these days there was nothing that I really fell in love with — certainly things I liked (Erin Fetherston, SJP, Diane Kruger), ones that made my jaw drop in horror (January Jones, Kristen Stewart, Carrie Mulligan), and a whole lot in between. And where were the Olsens? I can always count on MK and usually Ashley to impress at this event. MK's dress in 2007 may just be one of my favorite red carpet gowns of all time.

But the point of this entry is the dress worn by Mellisa George. It was simply lovely, not necessarily may fave but it reminded me or maybe just made me realize my affinity for the yellow dress on the red carpet. There is a daring and vintage feel to a yellow gown, two qualities that I always fall for. A definite all time fave of mine is Michelle William's 2006 Oscar gown with the red lips and all. And these worn by Renee and Angelina both are fabulous in cut and color. All three have a knotted draping fabric thing that I like going on. I think that if I was to walk the red carpet I may have just had an epiphany the yellow is the way to go.

No comments: