Friday 6 February 2009

Interesting Things I Learn at CosmoGirl.com

In Korea people count their age differently than we do. Who would have thought there was another way? So when you are born you are automatically 1 year old, then you turn another year older on New Year's Day no matter what. Yes.

I was surprised when I found this out from a Korean girl and in turn, she was completely surprised when she found out that Americans can drive when we turn 16. In Korea you have to be 18. She was astonished we allowed people that young to be on the road. I smiled to myself because it’s just kind of funny that it's actually the same age. If they went by years they too would get their licenses at 16 — but I let that one slide.

So if I lived in Korea I would be turning 30 next year ! Joder.

2 comments:

marcel said...

if they turn 1 when they are born, then aren't they just 1 year older? you'd be turning 29... right? i'm confused.

Megan said...

So when you are born you are automatically 1 year old, then you turn another year older on New Year's Day no matter what.

So that would be 2 Meg.