Friday 2 April 2010

Soft Spring

I am a sucker for florals, soft lighting and that certain romantic nostalgia. Lucky(ish) for me, so is everyone else this season. It seems like we are all taking fashion cues from the lovely Lisbon girls with pastel flower prints, white lace and flowing fabric. Currently I am on the search for a vintage light-colored floral mini to add to my collection of 1990s fem attire. I mean it couldn't get any more perfect for spring, right?

And speaking of The Virgin Suicides, when is Jeffrey Eugenides going to write another novel?  I mean Middlesex (definitely in my top three) was published in 2002, he has had enough time right? And speaking of novels, I am just about to finish The Savage Detectiveswhich admittedly has been a long and somewhat grueling process. So I am in need of a new book, preferably one that is completely engrossing and potentially life-changing. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

everything ravaged, everything burned.

marcel said...

i'm totally reading savage detectives. so far so good..

Mary Keith said...

savage detectives was quite a read. hated it and loved it all at once. as for your next read, the unbearable lightness of being might be a good choice. not sure about its life-changing potential, but it'll at least make you think...