Friday 9 April 2010

Big Echo

I am trying to ween myself off the new She & Him album and I think I may have found the band to do it. The Morning Benders are just as sweet but a little more subtle with their poppy nostalgic harmonies, a little less twang and a lot more surf. I mean they are a completely different entity, perfect for summer and reminiscent of Grizzly Bear or the Walkmen or a few other bands I just can't put my finger on right now. But their sophomore album "Big Echo" certainly stands on its own, I think I am in a love a little, I mean they are from San Francisco and all. And it looks like I am not the only one with this sentiment (as usual) — all their upcoming NYC shows are sold out. Maybe they will come to Berlin before everyone catches on here.

P.S. This is the first album that I have actually purchased from iTunes in a long while. I am still trying to figure out the best way to listen to new music now that I am in Europe, does anyone know of a site like Lala that the non-American world can use?

No comments: