Thursday 15 January 2009

Midweek Movie


I snuck away and saw Rachel Getting Married yesterday and although there were scenes that caused more anxiety than last night’s drama and parts that moved at a snail’s pace, I really enjoyed it. The juxtaposition of the sad life that Kim has lead and the beautiful life that her sister Rachel is beginning, makes for the perfect bittersweet recipe. Not to mention that the wedding was pretty much exactly how I want mine to be, well minus the sari wedding and bridesmaid dresses and of course the sister in rehab (even the mom was like my mom). A backyard, a bbq, amazing live music and all your friends and family; what more could a girl ask for? Now I just have to get my dad to buy a big house upstate and well, go track down the dude from TV on the Radio. Oh and one last thing about the film, it really made me wonder what my life would be like if I had a sister. There is a bond between sisters that I will never know, it’s something that shapes who you are. It’s so intriguing; I guess I will just have to live vicariously through Maisie and India.

1 comment:

marcel said...

i'll be your sister. (steal your clothes and never return/meet with you for midweek movies/midweek drinks/shit talking seshs about boys/jobs/etc.) those pics of maisie and india are ridiculously cuuuuuuute. love it.