Monday 12 January 2009

Happy New Year Part Deux!


The day has finally come where I can truly start living like it is 2009. After many nights at my desk with a glass of wine (or maybe two) and many days with a bit of a hangover staring at my computer screen trying to formulate sentences that somehow show the true me, I have completed and submitted my application to Columbia Graduate School of Journalism. It’s gone. Done. There is nothing I can change now. If I get in I am stoked, if I don’t, well I will probably breathe a sigh of relief. We will just have to wait and see.

But now, I have no excuse; I have to go back to being a social normal person that doesn’t wear the same sweatpants all weekend only leaving her house to go to the bodega. But more importantly, I have to start on all those New Year things people do. I have the usual resolutions: smoke less, drink less, eat less, workout more, blah blah blah. But this year I am more focused on some goals or just shit I need to get done. Here's my list:

*Apply to grad school (check!)
*Learn how to play chess (dad is gonna teach me)
*Take pictures with my new camera (other than at my parties)
*Meet someone who keeps me interested (in a good way)
*Keep someone interested (in a good way)
*Sew all the clothes in the bag underneath my desk (finally)
*Take weekend day trips (yay Mary’s car!)
*Make my bed everyday (been doing good so far)
*Take advantage of all the art in New York City (this weekend)

No comments: