Wednesday 21 January 2009

Michelle my Belle


So Michelle Obama is now a fashion icon, and I think it is a rightfully awarded title. I may not like everything she wears (hello Election Night Narciso Rodriguez) but the fact is that she takes risks, wears interesting colors and supports small designers. I mean any first lady could throw on a red Ralph Lauren gown and call it a night, but Michelle’s experimental taste takes her to an iconic level. Who else would wear a one-shoulder dress on Inauguration Night? Certainly not Laura Bush. Anyway, my personal favorite aspect of Michelle’s style is that she often wears vintage-inspired dresses, and well, I am a sucker for anything from another era. Michelle’s decade of choice seems to be the 50s. I absolutely adore the dress she wore this morning at a service in the National Cathedral, it was by far my favorite of the week. It’s something I would actually wear, certainly not with flats though. But it’s okay Michelle is six inches taller than me. Are those grapes?

More on Michelle's style here and here.

No comments: