Monday 24 January 2011

Berlin Fashion Week: Runway Inspired Vintage

Green and blue 1960s dress (thrift, Humana, Berlin), leather motorcycle jacket (Humana kids section), velvet boots (flea market, Berlin), bag (Maxx New York) 

Taking outfit photos is not the easiest thing in the world, especially when it's in the dregs of winter grayness, and especially especially when my boo is out of town. I mean, who else am I going to subject to such things? I managed to get a co-worker to snap at least one fashion week pic, and luckily I was in my favorite of my selected outfits, beating out some serious leather shorts and fur jackets. 

I got this dress right before BFW, and even though it was a little big and I didn't have time to get it taken in (I stick with hemming on my sewing machine for now), I had to wear it. I love everything about it from the silky material, to the bright pattern, the collar and the buttons, and how it reminds me of that Fall 2010 Proenza Schouler dress that everyone coveted, Alexa Chung included. Paired with my fave velvet booties (God I wish they were more comfy) and a biker jacket for some edge, it was the perfect last minute fashion week addition. 
via Jak & Jil 
via Google Images

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What an absolutely beautiful dress! You look stunning and I love that you shop from the kid's sesction too! xo Emily

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your boots! And I really need that Proenza Schouler dress in my life, please? x

Anonymous said...

I love that dress!

Kendra said...

What a great dress! Looks very cute on you :) I'm your newest follower, btw!

http://pieceofcakepeaceofmind.blogspot.com/

ashley // chasing heartbeats said...

love it! you look darling, but aren't you freezing your tail off wearing only a leather jacket? brrrrrr!

Megan said...

Ashley, this day was actually on the tail end of a week of warmer weather in Berlin so I thought I could do just a leather jacket if I wore a sweater underneath, gloves, hat, etc. But yeah, I was freezing. I miss California!

ShanaEmily said...

Love your blog! Love seeing pics of Berlin and all the thrifty fashion, I agree in photos I wish my hubby would help me! Haha I'm a new follower all the way from Las Vegas!

My first giveaway!
Shana
Www.shanaandadam.blogspot.com

Style-Pursuit said...

You're a lucky girl to have found this dress! It's truly amazing!

x

Irina said...

nice photos! great styling! lovely shoes! amazing dress!