Monday 3 January 2011

Living in a Whirlwind and a Happy 2011

PARIS—Place de la Concorde in the Eighth arrondissement, 1988.

My boyfriend, who unexpectedly and magically turned up in San Francisco on Christmas Day with a little help from my amazing brother Michael, had never heard the term whirlwind before a few days ago and probably never experienced such a true definition until this trip to my home town. Now that he is safely back at our house in Berlin and I have had my first real good night sleep in days at my dad's house in Marin, I actually have a minute to devote to my neglected blog. I want to fill you in with all the details of my of my Bay Area adventure, one that thus far has consisted of never being at the same place for more than two nights in a row and my boyfriend meeting pretty much everyone in my life. But I have extended my trip a few days (yay!), so I have until Saturday to try and actually relax, be detached from the internet and really wrap my head around all the holiday events and boyfriend introductions, before I try and put them into words. 

But as for now, even though the party has long come and gone, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I experienced a lot of new and challenging circumstances this year, but with that came so much growth and pleasure. I feel the older I get, the more happy and comfortable I am with myself, and in turn life just gets better and more fulfilling. This makes me look to 2011 (the year I will turn 30) with wide excited eyes. I am so happy I was able to ring it in with my best friend, my boyfriend and my brother and hope you too were surrounded by people you love and will be still for the next year to come!   

1 comment:

marcel said...

glad you had a good time in sf, that's so cool that karsten got to be there! happy new years babe.