Monday 2 August 2010

Berlin Weekend Roundup

A wonderful thing about the summer in Berlin is that the weekends are often absolutely perfect, with perfect weather and relaxing/or not fun throughout. This one was certainly no exception, especially because the fun started early on Friday afternoon. Despite that, now that it's August I can't help but feel a little bummed out that the summer is ending. But I just have to remember I still hadn't even arrived in Berlin at this time last year and I still felt like I had a whole long amazing summer then. So I am sure there are many more weekends like this one ahead of me.

It all went something like this: bike ride, lunch on Bergmannstrasse, antique perusing, ping pong, pool, pizza, True Blood and Ben & Jerry's, house shopping, very "European" BBQ on the river, meat fest (I'll take the mushrooms please), weeping willows, beautiful moon, serious conversations, serious fun, too much talk of Burning Man (on my part), Michael Jackson "Thriller" dance, violins, sleeping in, avocado toast in bed, Badeschiff, swimming, reading in the sun, sushi, sleep. 

And to continue with the tradition of last week I will tell you the very simple recipe (if you can even call it that) for one of my favorite things to eat. Pictured above (not the meat). So simple, easy, healthy and good.

Avocado Toast Ingredients

Wheat bread 
Avocado 
Tomato 
Red onion 
Cucumber

Directions
*Cut everything in thin slices
*Toast bread
*Spread avo on top of like cream cheese and add all the vegis. 
*Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes. 

No comments: