Friday 23 October 2009

Song on Repeat: "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell"

Okay so I am a bit out of the loop here in Berlin—hence my blog turning into a family photo album. Not that this city is lacking in the cutting edge cool department, I have just fallen a bit off the radar. When it comes to knowing the new and the in these days, my finger is pretty far from the pulse. I am hoping to get back on my toes when I return to the States next month, but as for now I am going to continue and marinate in my oblivion.

Anyway I am completely rambling, so let me get to the point: a couple weeks ago I was listening to a Berlin radio station who's DJ has a thing for artists from Brooklyn when this ridiculous hip hop song came on that made my insides churn with laughter and my head actually bop to the beat. I assumed that this "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell" diddy had been up in every bodies ears for some time now, but that was my first listen and let me tell you, I have never loved something so stupid. I think it is genius. And their name is Das Racist, not too bad either. So I did some research after and yes, everyone did fall for it a few months ago but my unoriginal and late self is still happily posting it today.

No comments: