Wednesday 29 September 2010

Walk of Shame

Leather jacket (second hand Buffalo Exchange NYC), cropped black top (H&M), leopard print skirt (thrifted Humana in Prenzlauer Berg), brown bag (thrifted Humana at Alexanderplatz), black loafers (Jumbo Second Hand Berlin), broken umbrella (borrowed from my boyfriend)

Now that I am no longer squating at my boyfriend's apartment, I get to not only enjoy my own space and free time, but also the dearly missed walk of shame. You know, when you decide to sleep over after a Friday out on the town and get to walk home the next day wearing the outfit you wore the night before, with makeup dripping down your face, and in this lovely case, in the pouring rain with a broken umbrella. Just like the good old days.

I should have known it was going to be a doozy of an evening by the antics on the ubahn on my way to meet friends — there I was just sitting quietly minding my own business and these crazy kids are having a moving party dance all around me. Oh Berlin, you are a city like none other. And yes, that is a stereo in a baby carriage with a disco ball. And yes, it is perfectly acceptable to drink and blast techno music in transit if you please.

1 comment:

ashley // chasing heartbeats said...

oh sugar! been there! although maybe not in the pouring rain with a broken umbrella :(