Thursday 3 June 2010

Ikat Backpack

I wrote a story about the come back of the backpack for Tangent Mag a bit ago, so naturally I am now wanting to participate in the trend with my own throwback bag. And here it is:
Unfortunately the Worthis bag made in Melbourne Australia goes for $280, so I guess I will just have to keep my eyes peeled for a cheaper version at the flea market this weekend. Discovering this pack made me realize how often I am drawn to ikat fabric. I found a cute blazer at Salvation Army in NYC before I left, but weirdly everything else I find in this pattern is insanely expensive. (Examples below) Correct me if I sound completely ignorant, but I feel like I should be finding such things in open-air markets where I can bargain down the price, not in some fancy high-end store.
A) Jayson Home & Garden $1,295 bed cover
B) Everything Dries Van Noten Spring 2010 

1 comment:

The Beautiful and Glammed said...

LOVE the print on your backpack, so cool! Amazing blog, definitely be back! Come follow TBAG if you fancy.

Happy Friday! x