Friday 11 November 2011

Sister Act

I don't have a sister, but I like the idea of them, I especially like the idea of a whole magazine of them, especially one with my faves Mary-Kate and Ashley on the cover. I mean who else would it be for Vogue's Best Dressed Sister Edition? Such a good idea, right? I mean sisters are so hot right now! They've also got the Knowles sisters (cool), the Clarins sisters (creepy), the Middleton sisters (boring) and the Fanning sisters (adorable) up in the mix, as well as some models, Frenchies and other rightfully fashionable siblings. I got to get my hands on a copy.

Sometimes I do wish I knew what it was like to have a sister, that unbreakable bond, that other closet to raid, boyfriends to steal (JK). But in the last years, I actually have gotten a little taste of sisterdom — I have become really close with my two sister-in-laws and my oldest brother has two little girls who I get to watch grow up as sisters just two years apart. And I'm not done yet: in just a few hours I am driving up to Glasgow to see my other brother, my other niece and the earlier said sister-in-law who in fact is pretty much nine months pregnant (she is due next Thursday) with another girl! Sisters all around! So exciting. 

Here's some of my sister photos for you, can't wait for the new one to be added to the bunch. I'll keep you posted from Scotland...
My nieces Maisie and India and sister-in-law Deanna in NYC by Daniel.
Sisters in Stripes: My sister-in-law Catherine, Deanna, my bro's GF Nicole, me and my mom at Stinson Beach.
Cath and soon-to-be-big-sister Sadie in Scotland.
Sisters India and Maisie in California.
Me and Deanna in NYC.
Cath and Deanna in Italy.

3 comments:

wdn th said...

wowww love it all <3
i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Megan said...

so cute, meg.

Toni said...

What a great post. For me you exactly captured what Sisters mean for me: of course there is my wonderful sister with whom I have this special bond but there are other sisters around like sister-in-laws, sister-in-thoughts etc. That's why we called our own Magazine SISTER Mag :-)
Have a wonderful day, Toni