Wednesday 9 March 2011

The Blue and the Gold

My swim team colors growing up were blue and gold (see there I am in my speedo) and aren't they the California colors as well? Why yes they are. Pairing the two bold primary colors has always seemed appropriate when it came to flags and athletic teams, but not much else. Right?

Until now that is — this season I have been seeing the traditionally sporty and patriotic pair popping up all over the streets and the runways. Despite my initial ingrained hesitation, I am actually pretty into it. And if the color block combo is too bold for some, the mustard yellows and cobalt blues on their own are doing it for me as well. How do you feel about the blue and the gold? 
Sonia Rykiel and Chloe via WWD
My dream shoes at Dries Van Noten 
above and below by The Sartorialist

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could get a blue & yellow bikini this summer I would be stoked. I might have to sew one myself to stay on top of this trend.lol. I love your pic by the pool, how cute you are!

Eve said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!! I liked that look, too:
http://www.fashion-nerdic.com/2011/03/kebem.html

Bhushavali said...

Love the Blue-Yellow combo!!!
The Green Dress with Ruffles

Sharnie Hung said...

I love the color combination! One of my faves. :)

I V Y said...

blue and yellow. love.
follow me on twitter @zebraandmeerkat x

jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said...

love how the yellow/gold pops with the darker, navy color. not only are they california colors, they also happen to be my university's colors too!