Monday 21 December 2009

Tears, Snow Angels, and Sequins

On Saturday I spent my day crying more tears than I have shed in a long, long time. Maybe I was being punished for blatantly bragging about my life as a jetsetter, but the day I chose to fly out to Berlin just happened to be the same day as the first huge snowstorm of the year and not only was my flight cancelled, I was told that there was no way for me to get on another flight until after the holidays. I went from thinking I was going to see my boyfriend in less than a day, to thinking it would be months until I would get to Berlin. It was pretty awful, but luckily after much time on hold ironically listening to "Let it Snow" and much back and forth with some non-helpful and finally one very helpful Delta operators, I got a ticket to fly out on Christmas Eve and back New Year's Day. Not ideal, but totally worth it. And if this whole debacle hadn't gone down, I wouldn't have gotten to experience one of the loveliest days (and a not too shabby night) I have had in NYC in long time.

I can't believe I have lived in New York for almost five years and it has taken me this long to get to a park after a snow storm. Until yesterday in Prospect, I guess I just didn't know what I was missing. It was pure unadulterated fun — sledding, snow angels, snow ball fights and just so many people out enjoying the almost two feet of snow that landed on our city. I felt like an eight-year-old soaked to the bone but having too much fun to care.

The evening was more of an adulterated affair and Sunny and I got all decked out in our finest attire and headed into the city for my one and only Christmas party of the season and a Bon Voyage evening for Megan. The usual debauchery and dancing to Liz and Legs' tunes proved to be even more satisfying when decked out in fur and sequins. So anyway, long story sort of short, it's not so terribly bad that my flight got cancelled because yesterday was just perfect. Here are too many pics.

1 comment:

marcel said...

great pics... great day. it is nice to have a white christmas even though i'm really appreciating the california sun. miss you.