Thursday 28 April 2011

Farewell to a Puzzler...

Two things I love: little old ladies and the New York Magazine crossword puzzle. So when I read this article in appreciation of the adorable Maura Jacobson, who is retiring after 31 years as the NY mag puzzle writer, it melted my heart a little. She has been creating these amazing crosswords (which are the perfect level of challenging and fun) since before I was born. And in the past three-decades, until last year when she went down to every other week, she never missed a single issue. I am glad to be back on track myself of not missing a week of doing the crossword and hope Miss Jacobson's predecessor realizes the incredibly tough act she has to follow. I mean, look at that photo!

1 comment:

Megan said...

she is so cute. and she will be missed!