Tuesday 8 May 2012

Met Ball Favorites

Last night was the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala. The fashion world's most fabulous night, giving way to fashion lovers favorite day for flipping through fabulous photos. In the past I've been disappointed with the turnout, but people really brought it this year thanks to the likes of Miuccia Prada, Riccardo Tisci and a few other designers. It seems I was particularly drawn to romantic silhouettes, long sleeves, black velvet, metallics and the Delevingnes. There were two dresses I loved for their cut (on Marion Cotillard and Diane Kruger), but had to take off my list for their color. Apparently I really hate purple. Another side note: Mary-Kate Olsen will be on my list no matter what she wears. But where was Ashley? Anyway, here are my favorite looks in no particular order.
 Arizona Muse in Erdem 
 Clemence Poesy in Nina Ricci
 Dree Hemingway in Topshop
 Lana del Ray in Altuzarra
 Amber Valletta in Prada
 Carrie Mulligan in Prada 
 Caroline Trentini in Theyskens' Theory
 Kate Bosworth in Prada
 Lily Collins in Valentino
 Mary-Kate Olsen in The Row
 Poppy Delevingne in Chanel
 Renee Zellweger in Pucci
Cara Delevigne in Burberry Prorsum
Chloë Sevigny in Miu Miu 
 Rooney Mara in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci
Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte

1 comment:

NO NO COCO said...

Loving your Met Gala coverage! I am so late to write up mine so yours was a great place to look for inspiration!


Great blog by the way!

Nathalie from No No Coco

www.no-no-coco.com