Sunday 26 April 2009

A Girl Can Never Have Too Many Shoes...


…and certainly not too many vintage 1970s platforms. I have been obsessed such shoes for few seasons now and just cannot stop purchasing more and more, it is a bit ridiculous, naturally. But even though there are about ten pairs I love that have been gathering dust in my “closet” begging for warm sockless days , I still kick myself about these amazing wooden sky-highs I used to own in college and got rid of before moving to NYC. Why oh why? Makes me a little nervous about the massive amounts of clothes I am in the process of getting rid of for spring cleaning (I finally was able to break out the summer clothes and stuff the wretched winter garb into the depths of my hall closet. Yay!). But anyway, these are my latest and will be arriving shortly. I am actually loving buying vintage on Etsy rather than ebay these days—some of the stuff is very reasonably priced and sometimes all that bidding and waiting is just annoying. If you aren’t familiar with Etsy and love vintage and home-made goods you have to check it out.

P.S. They have 4 ½ inch heels which I am a little nervous about, but hopefully I can pull them off without stumbling too much.

No comments: