Wednesday 3 August 2011

My Summer So Far...

At the end of June a sad thing happened: my trusty camera broke. Completely my fault, as I left it on the deck of the beach house where my family was staying the one night it rained, ugh I know. Sadly, it was an issue that a bowl of rice could just not solve. Boo. So I am not sure if you have noticed, but there has been a lot less personal stuff on the blog as of late, well this lack of a camera is why my friend. I had my little Samsung (gifted to me at CosmoGirl) forever, so it was hard to come to terms with its demise. I know it is just a material object, but it's been with me at all times, documenting my life in NYC and Berlin and my travels and so many purchases in between.

I may not be the best photographer, but I am good at always taking photos to cherish on my own and share with you. So to spend a month plus change without that ability felt like losing a limb. Okay maybe that is a little dramatic, but it was hard. Letting go is hard, forking out dough is hard. But now that I have scored a few more gigs, last weekend I was able to buy myself a new camera and begin documenting once again. But I still felt like I lost so much time, so I decided to scour my Mom's Flickr, my friends' Facebook pages and my iPhone to see if I could illustrate just how fun this summer has been with their pics and the few I took before and after the camera debacle. So here's what I came up with from the lakes of England to the beaches of California to the rooftops of Brooklyn to the Fire Island ferry to the baby pool on the stoop and beyond... 

1 comment:

marcel said...

well when you put it like that... looks like a pretty ammaaazing summer.