Friday 13 March 2009

A Thin Line Between Fashion and Ridiculousness


Is it a dress? A sweater? An over-sized blazer? Whatever it is, I love it. I have always been a fan of over-sized anythings made into short short dresses, I would have to say it is one of my signature styles — so naturally I fell for this number. Garance Dore said this girl must have forgotten her skirt at home. I say, who needs a skirt?

Speaking of not wearing bottoms, yesterday I interviewed Jesse McCartney (oh my job) and as I was waiting for him I got into a conversation with his PR lady who also represents Lady Gaga. Of course I had to mention something about the fact that the pop starlet never wears pants; her response was so funny to me that I had to jot it down. In all seriousness with not even a hint of sarcasm (that is what made it so brilliant) she says to me:

“She doesn’t mind pants, she just happens to have a lot of outfits that don’t involve pants. But honestly, she has nothing against pants.”

Thank God, I thought she had some traumatic pants experience when she was younger or something. And I can’t really talk about Lady Gaga and her lack of wearing pants without relaying her infamous quote on the matter.

“My grandmother is basically blind, but she can make out the lighter parts, like my skin and hair,” the “Just Dance” star says. “She says, ‘I can see you, because you have no pants on.’ So I’ll continue to wear no pants so that my grandma can see me.”


No comments: