Sunday 2 August 2009

Happy Dinner Party

Last night we celebrated Rachael's birthday with a lovely meal of fajitas at Rach and Julia's new apt. It was the quintessential NYC dinner party - 10 people all crammed around a table in a tiny East Village living room on a hot summer night with way too much wine and smoking on the balcony. It was the perfect goodbye to New York for me, but I realized that I was living this typical depiction of people in their lat 20s in New York for the first time. Sure, I've been to my fair share of dinner parties and spent a good amount of time crammed into small Manhattan apartments, but as for both together, this was actually a first in the four years I have lived here. We gave that all up for backyard bbqs in Brooklyn. It's actually quite nice to have friends in the city again, oh and I can't forget to mention the fabulous rooftops that almost make up for the lack of indoor space. Anyway, here are some pics and a big happy birthday to Miss Abrams.





No comments: